If you have a home, you possibly also have a junk drawer. This is where you put all of the random things that don’t have a specific home. It’s often a mess, and it’s often difficult to find what you’re looking for. But did you know that your junk drawer can be an essential part of your life? If you keep the right things in it, your junk drawer can help make your life easier. Every renter should keep ten essential things in their junk drawer!
- A pen and notepad. This may seem simple, but you’d be amazed how often you need a pen and paper. Whether you’re jotting down a phone number or leaving a note for your roommate, having a pen and paper is always helpful.
- A flashlight. A flashlight can be beneficial when the power goes out or when you’re looking for something in a dark place.
- Batteries. Batteries are necessary for many things, from your remote control to your smoke detector. Keep a few extra batteries close by so you’re never caught without them.
- A screwdriver. A screwdriver is a versatile tool that can be used for everything from opening a can of paint to tightening a loose screw. Get one with several different heads in one handle to save space and maximize utility.
- Pliers. Pliers are another flexible tool that can be utilized for a variety of tasks, from gripping something too small to hold onto with your fingers to bending wire.
- Tape. You never know when you’ll need tape, so it’s always advisable to keep some close at hand. From packing up a box to repairing a ripped piece of clothing, tape is always helpful.
- Superglue. Superglue can be used to fix everything from a broken plate to a ripped book cover. Purchase small or single-use packages of super glue to prevent waste and keep your junk drawer neat.
- A tape measure. A tape measure is a must for any junk drawer. Whether you’re hanging pictures or measuring for new furniture, a tape measure will always be beneficial.
- Scissors. Scissors are always important, whether cutting paper or opening a package. Get a small pair of scissors that will easily fit in your junk drawer.
- Rubber bands. Rubber bands can be used for a variety of purposes, from keeping cords tidy to bundling up newspapers. They’re also great for keeping your junk drawer organized!
Speaking of organization, don’t miss the most important thing your junk drawer needs – an organizer tray! While most junk drawers are messy, this does not have to be the situation. An organizer tray (or just a simple divided box) can assist in keeping your junk drawer organized and your essential items simple to find. If your junk drawer is already a mess, here are some techniques for organizing your junk drawer – and keeping it that way! – in just a few straightforward steps.
Now that you know what belongs in a junk drawer and how to organize it, you have everything you need from day to day right at your fingertips! But, if you see that your current Bannock County home is feeling a bit crowded or you are ready for a move, consult Real Property Management Pocatello. We supply quality rental homes available in your area that are perfect for you and your suitable lifestyle.
We are pledged to the letter and spirit of U.S. policy for the achievement of equal housing opportunity throughout the Nation. See Equal Housing Opportunity Statement for more information.